Dr. Steve Talks About Zylast
Zylast kills 25 FDA-Specified Germs Within 15 Seconds and it's clinically proven to persist for up to 6 hours!
Shown to Reduce Illness Outbreaks in Schools by 87.5% and Hospital Infection rates by 23.1%
Zylast is an alcohol and Triclosan FREE hand sanitizing product. It truly represent an important innovation in personal health and wellness. While other hand sanitizers only work until they evaporate, Zylast has been shown to persist for up to 6 hours after a single application! And with Zylast Foaming Hand Soap, you can potentially do away with your other hand sanitizers and save money by using just one product!
We are introduced to countless pathogens every day. Protection can be a challenge since traditional hand sanitizers only kill germs at the time you use them. Zylast hand sanitizers, hand soap and surgical scrub are clinically proven to persist for up to 6 hours to protect against germs. Even between hand washings unlike other sanitizers. Zylast has been shown in clinical tests not to dry or irritate your skin. All Zylast products have been shown in clinical studies to kill bacteria and viruses(1). Zylast products can be used to help reduce the incidence of illness, even germs like norovirus(2), MRSA(3), HIV(4), and E. coli(5) that other hand sanitizing products provide little if any protection against. In fact, Zylast has been shown to kill many pathogens that other hand sanitizing products don't control.
There are three primary reasons for this reduction in illness with the Zylast Lotion, says Dr Beth McNichol, who holds a doctorate in Emerging Infectious Diseases from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. "First, the Zylast products are persistent for six hours, so children are protected beyond the 15-second lifespan of an alcohol sanitizer," Dr. McNichol said. "Second, the Zylast Lotion is effective against pathogens like the Norovirus, rotavirus, and the common cold -- some of the most prevalent diseases among children, and germs against which alcohol sanitizers are relatively ineffective. Finally, the product is water-based and moisturizes the hands, so children and staff actually like using it, which greatly improves compliance."
A clinical study in schools showed a reduction of illness absenteeism of 41.6% among students and 24.7% for teachers and staff.(6) Over the course of a 180-day school year that translates to 3-4 more days of school for each student and 2 more days of work for teachers and staff, with consequent increases in funding.
The clinical study was conducted on the campuses of the Autism Academy, based in Chatsworth, California. The school director, Leslie Ghrist, said of the product, "Zylast is remarkable; as soon as we installed it we noticed our classrooms were full and our teachers healthier. I love that it's all natural and not flammable, and our kids love using it. It's so important, especially with special needs children, to keep them in the classroom as much as possible. Our parents and teachers even requested that we sell Zylast at our front desk."
Zylast is currently used by hospitals in the UCLA, Patton, Kaiser, and Humana systems, as well as major hotel brands. Use Zylast in your home, office, school, long term care facility, hospital and every place else for protection that other hand sanitizers can't provide.
Research and clinical evaluation studies:
(1) Paulson, Handbook of Topical Antimicrobials: Industrial Applications in Consumer Products and Pharmaceuticals, 2002
(2) Czerwinski S, Cozean J, An Evaluation of a Hand Sanitiser Product to Reduce Norovirus Cross Infection, British Global and Travel Health Association, 20, 2012
(3) Morada, et al, Persistent In-Vitro Reduction of Transient MRSA with Novel Hand Hygiene Products and Comparison of Major Active Ingredients
(4) Paulson, Handbook of Topical Antimicrobials: Industrial Applications in Consumer Products and Pharmaceuticals, 2002
(5) Bioscience Laboratories, Clinical Evaluation of the Persistent Antimicrobial Efficacy of Three Test Products and One Control Product Based on ASTM E2752-10, 2014
(6) Keeney B, Cozean J, Addition of Persistent, Water-based Antiseptic Products Reduces Illness Absenteeism and Outbreaks among Students in Crossover Study, 2014